[AccessD] Indexes in Access

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 9 13:00:30 CDT 2003

Mark,

  Yes, that is correct, almost.  An index is only created on the foreign
table when you enforce RI.  If you create a relationship without enforcing
RI, no index is created.  The index is used by Access like any other to
speed up operations if possible.  And yes, you creating the same index is
duplicating it.

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.