[AccessD] Make-Table Queries Combined

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Jun 12 08:05:37 CDT 2003

Hi List,

A friend's company has this situation:

A particular report is actually based on about 32 make-table queries.
 Running them one at a time works well, but requires someone to run each
one in sequence.  My friend combined these small queries into a big one
that gathers them all together.  He finds that when it gets to about the
14th query, everything slows down to a crawl.  In fact, it may take up
to 12 hours for the large combining query to finish its job.  I don't
know anything more about this situation.

Does anyone here know why this happens?  Is it something like the system
has to keep everything in memory until the query finishes?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tina