[AccessD] VB6: Using the Webbrowser control to view files - Thumbnail view?

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Thu Jun 12 21:04:50 CDT 2003

So here's my dilemma.

I have a form that is displaying data from a database.

My client wants to see a thumnail of all the images that are related
to the record being viewed - the images are stored in a folder with
the same name as the record ID, so finding them is easy.

I dropped a Webbrowser control on the form, fed it the appropriate
path, and BAM!  I'm looking at a list of files.  Close, but I need to
see a thumbnail view, not a list view.

I can right-click in the control and select View > Thumbnail, but my
client wants the images to appear in thumbnail view without his users
having to do anything.

I am thus far unable to find a property of the WebBrowser control
that would allow this, and Google has failed me.  Does anyone have
any ideas?

-Christopher-