[AccessD] Access 97 employment opportunity

Neal Kling nealakling at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 16:56:12 CDT 2003

Dear List,

I am getting ready to leave my last remaining Access
client.  My personal interests no longer leave me time
to persue a hobby as an Access developer.

The client is a medical case management company with
about a dozen employees.  They have a reasonably
mature A97 database that I inherited about a year ago.
 It is split front and back end.  I have incorporated
the Back End Upgrader available here, and the client
is used to, and comfortable with, working via email
and phone.  I have made one on-site visit, but most,
if not all, work can be done off-site.  It is a
mixture of both decent and poorly written code.  There
are essentially no macros.

The project includes 73 tables (not including support
tables such as Back End Upgrader), about 130 saved
queries, 175 forms/subforms and about 40 reports.  The
table relationships are fairly complex.

They have just recently brought up the possibility of
moving to Access2K which I don't think will be a
problem.  There are no odd references.

I seem to spend about 5 to 10 hours a month on this
project adding new capabilites and reports as
requested.

I consider this a project for someone that is quite
comfortable with database normalization.  It is heavy
on complex forms with many interdependant subforms.
This is not a beginner project.

My intention is to pre-screen potential developers and
forward info/resumes in the next month or so.  Please
contact me off-list if you're interested, or for
further details.

Neal