[AccessD] HELP Very odd problem (to me anyhow)

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Fri Jun 20 12:57:16 CDT 2003

I haven't bugged any of ya in quite a while now...about two months plus.
I have actually been away from
Access and instead, learning the fine art of IP phones, and wireless
networking.  Now I am back into Access and having a major problem.

I am working on a program that I was probably 90% done with, when I was
pulled off for the other project. And, when I press certain buttons, I
was receiving errors that, "...Network connection my have been lost."  I
first thought it was no big deal...the program, because of my other
duties, has run so far behind, that I will just delete the offending
buttons and recreate them...but then grew more concerned, when I
received this error, while trying to comment out the code behind the
buttons. I decided, because of time constraints, that it would be best
to create a totally new program and import the pieces into it. This
isn't working either.

I have only inported the tables, queries, and three very simple
forms...these are just "switchboard" type forms...that, using buttons,
call other forms or each other. I reuse these same forms for each
program that I do, so that all programs in the county have a similar
look and feel to them. I have done this a few times now, and each time
they work, until I restart the program. I then get the following error,
when I attempt to open the form:

<ERROR START>
The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting
produced the following error: Error accessing file. Network connection
may have been lost.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a
user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or
macro.
<ERROR END>

There doesn't appear to be any code there, when I look. And, equally
puzzling, is that I am not using it on the network. I created it on my
hard drive, and I am running it from there now.

Anybody seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

John W. Clark
Computer Programmer / Asst. Network Administrator
Niagara County
Central Data Processing