[AccessD] Open Recordsets when Out Of Scope?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Jun 20 13:26:14 CDT 2003

To:  Susan Harkins and Charlotte Foust

Authors of 'Preventing and recovering from database bloat' in the latest
issue of Inside MS Access.

Thanks for this article!  More stuff I didn't know. . .

But - If an recordset or querydef object variable is defined inside a
procedure how can a recordset or querydef stay open after that procedure is
out of scope?  Is this a known bug?  Happens under certain circumstances?

I had read in the ADH that all recordsets are closed when you go out of
scope, so now I don't add code to explicitly close them (except when closing
is needed inside the procedure).

Thanks,
Dan Waters