[AccessD] Populate a treeview via Self-SELECT?

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Sun Jun 22 16:25:17 CDT 2003

OK.  Here's what I've got:

1) Access2K database containing an Employee table.

2) The Employee table includes the fields SSN, FirstName, LastName,
and ManagerID.

3) My client wants to see a treeview representing the reporting
hierarchy of the employees in table Employee.

We don't have a fixed number of reporting levels.  In theory, the
organizational layout could go from having every employee manage one
other employee to having only one manager in the entire company to
whom everyone else reports.

I'm having a real mental block regarding how to populate the treeview.

Anyone care to offer a fresh perspective?  I've probably been staring
at this problem too long to see new alternatives on my own.

-Christopher-