[AccessD] weird query def

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jun 30 11:57:30 CDT 2003

I have a weird one.  I am opening a query def and reading all of the field
names out into a comma delimited string to use as a row source for a combo.
All that stuff works.  One of the queries in the db I am trying to work on
says it has NO fields.  If I execute the query I get data.  If I look at the
querydef itself, I can see the name of the query, the SQL property, etc.
But ask it for the .Fields.Count and it comes back 0.

Very unsettling since I need to use this method for displaying field names
to the user to select to match against document book marks in a mail merge
wizard.

I compacted / repaired both the wizard as well as the FE that actually holds
the query in question.  Two other queries that I am performing this
operation on work perfectly.  One apparently has no fields.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com