[AccessD] Distribution - a bit OT

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Sun Jun 1 12:49:26 CDT 2003

Unless you're creating it with Access wizards and macros it's VBA. If it's
said in context it's correct if it's said out of context it not. VB is a
very broad term these days. If the issue of type of VB and version comes up
then it would be clear that it is Visual Basic for Applications bla, bla,
bla.

The issue generally isn't that it uses an Access .mdb file as the database
its that "they" think if its Access it's a bunch of wizards and macros, i.e.
not "real" programming. "They don't usually know the difference. And in my
experience "they don't approve of anything that "they" don't have complete
control over. Remember the IT mantra: "If we cannot adequately support you,
we will at least control you"
:o)

Simply put its snobbery at its finest.

Geting IT on the "side" of a project is the most important thing you can do
to sustain a client. Get that you're in for a good ride, don't and you have
a PITA client for the rest of you're measely time with them.

JB