[AccessD] Update Query - Need to Speed It Up

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Tue Jun 3 09:15:38 CDT 2003

Don:

I thought about doing it for the two fields I'm updating.  But then the report would have to do a one-to-one join on the table with the two fields instead of just printing the two bound fields on the report.  Not sure I'd save anything that way.

Right now the UPDATE time is tolerable.  There's another chunk of code after that which compares the detail records to find the variances which can take several minutes to run.  That's where I'm going to look for a different technique.

For the moment - client is happy!!

Thanks to all who gave me input on this problem.

Regards,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software