[AccessD] OT: photo size on web site

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jun 3 20:51:47 CDT 2003

I am trying to work with photos on a web site.  I have created a flash photo
album with a bunch of thumbnails.  When you click on any thumbnail, the
photo is loaded into the browser.  Because of the resolution of my camera
(apparently), the picture is huge, with most of the picture off of the page.
Is there any way short of saving the file back out as (perhaps) a 640 x 480
file to cause the photo to load with the whole thing viewable on the screen.

I am trying to do this on my web site, to display photos of my son I have
taken with my digital camera.  It seems that one could use an image object,
and load the picture into that image object (control) on a web page.  I am
using Dreamweaver.

You can see what I am talking about by visiting my site and clicking the
bottom button - "Meet my son".

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com