[AccessD] Dang Bound Forms Again

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Jun 4 18:30:30 CDT 2003

Oh, you mean nothing in the recordsource, not no records returned by it.
So don't remove the recordsource, replace it with one that returns an
empty recordset.  The way I do it is to use a standard recordsource that
returns no records (i.e., "SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE 1 = 2").  That
allows your form to be bound to the fields in MyTable but since the
where condition is always false, it returns an empty recordset.  Then I
use code to set the recordsource to the appropriate one when something
triggers it such as a choice in a dropdown.

Charlotte Foust