[AccessD] Dang Bound Forms Again

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Thu Jun 5 03:37:09 CDT 2003

Hello Rocky,

Firstly, I could not imagine what you form was looking like, so, I just created a new db, created one table and entered no data at all.  I then allowed the form wizard to create a new form.  It opens perfectly and displays the three fields that I created.  I can now add a new record if I wish.  So, if this your scenario, if so, why are you getting #name.

I think that I have experienced #name when the record source is not opening perhaps due to an SQL error in the record source, is this possible?

The other alternative is, you are hinting that there is a product structure.  I am wondering whether you have a one to many relationship and the many side is empty.  If this is the case, could you consider making it a left outer join?  I.E.,

    (
    show me all the product codes, and any of their properties if a property exists,
    if not, do please show me the product code anyway,
    thank you.
    )

If I am completely on the wrong track, please delete my email quickly and never think about it again,

Mark