[AccessD] Like Operator SQL Syntax

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Jun 5 10:13:33 CDT 2003

	-----Original Message-----
	From: ACTEBS [mailto:actebs at actebs.com.au]
	Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 6:56 AM
	To: access group
	Subject: [AccessD] Like Operator SQL Syntax

	Hi People,

	Can anyone tell me what wrong with the following syntax:

	strSQL = "SELECT tblCustomers.CustomerID, " _
	            & "[tblCustomers]![CustomerNumber] & '-' &
[tblCustomers]![CustomerSite] " _
	            & "AS CustCode, tblCustomers.CustomerName,
tblCustomers.Address1 & ' ' & " _
	            & "tblCustomers.Address2 & ' ' &
tblCustomers.Address3 & ' ' & " _
	            & "tblCustomers.Postcode AS Address,
tblCustomers.DepotID FROM tblCustomers " _
	            & "WHERE (((tblCustomers.CustomerName) Like % + " _
	            & strInput & " + %)) " _
	            & "ORDER BY tblCustomers.CustomerName;"

	I am creating an ADO recordset and obviously ADO use % as the
wild card and not * so I am not sure where the issue currently is...

	Thanks
	Vlad