[AccessD] Opening form to display record or add new record

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Jun 5 19:09:29 CDT 2003

small dB sent offline

Darren

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kaup, Chester A" <kaupca at chevrontexaco.com>
To: <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:50 PM
Subject: [AccessD] Opening form to display record or add new record

I have a form with 2 list boxes to select a month and a year. Once
selected another form opens and displays a record from a table based on
the month and year selected. This form gets its data from the table by
means of a query. This works fine if a record exists for the selected
month and year. If the month and year selected does not exist in the
table I just get a blank form. Tried this as a macro condition but does
not work

[Forms]![frm Select Date]![selected_date]>[tbl Last Date in
tbl_monthly_inputs]![Last Date]

How do I get the form to open to allow a new record to be added to the
underlying table. Thanks for the assistance.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large