[AccessD] OT? - Certification

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Wed Jun 11 11:37:24 CDT 2003

Mark,

I hope I didn't give you the impression that I thought a Masters degree
was worthless.  A good theoretical underpinning is always helpful, but
not enough to solve practical problems.

As to your comment that your degree will not expire; what you learn at
the Masters level today will probably be expected to be the minimum for
a Bachelors degree in ten years time.  So you still have the degree, but
your level of theoretical knowledge has shifted downward.  What I did my
dissertation research on is now taught in undergraduate courses!

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Ave