[AccessD] Access Data Retrieval

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 11 20:15:47 CDT 2003

Stuart,

<<As Drew said,  Jet pulls the Index, not the data across the network.
It then decides which records to retreive and pulls just those.
Still with 100,000 records, just that one Index will show as
noticeably traffic on the network. >>

  It doesn't even pull the entire index.  Probably 5-10 pages at most.  As I
said in my post, Jeanine can easily check what's going on with SHOWPLAN and
ISAMSTATS.

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.