[AccessD] Repeat Emails

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Thu Jun 12 06:53:43 CDT 2003

In my early days online ('95) I was told it was a standard, so I never bothered to check, being a newbie an all.

Oh well, it is a good idea though. Maybe the RFC needs to be ammended :)

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

--
Thought for the day:
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn.... We ****ed up."

On 11 Jun 2003 at 10:10, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> If they postmasters that add them follow standards, they should start
> with '--' or '-- ' (that's two dashes possibly followed by a space, I
> don't remeber which one it is) that may give our lovely list admins a
> possibility of stripping them that way.

Come on Brian, you know better than that :-). That's a convention not
a standard  :-)  It doesn't appear in any RFC that I know of.

It's actually a convention from the days of Fidonet etc when
bandwidth was even more critical (300 baud modems and BBS operators
paying phone charges by the minute to synchronise the forums)   where
programs like good ole SLMR would strip it automatically from