[AccessD] If-Then in a report

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 13 05:10:13 CDT 2003

On 12 Jun 2003 at 23:03, Kathryn Bassett wrote:

> Connections field. I'm guessing it is done by somehow using the trim
> (& not using the label), but can't figure out the exact syntax. I
> tried this: =trim(Connections: & " " & [connections]) but it tells me
> I've entered an operand without an operator.

In the On Format event of the Details section add this code:

If Connections = "" then
  [ConnectionsLabel].visible = false
else
  [ConnectionsLabel].visible = true
end if

If you try and concatenate "Connections" onto the front of the
Connections Field you will most likely end up with something like
this for multiple lines:

Connections: Bassett, Bennet
Bevins, Test of

instead of  it being lined up like this (which probably won't look
right either :)

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
HAM AND EGGS - A day's work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for
a pig.