[AccessD] AXP Can't Make MDE File

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Sun Jun 15 02:54:19 CDT 2003

MessageIs it a 2000 file format db

Martin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ACTEBS
  To: access group
  Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 8:48 AM
  Subject: [AccessD] AXP Can't Make MDE File

  Hi Guys,

  I have encountered an unusual problem in that AXP refuses to create an MDE file of the application. I have done all of the following and nothing seems to rectify the problem:

  a)    Compiled the app - No errors
  b)    Decompiled the app - No errors
  c)    Imported into a new app - No errors
  d)    Checked all the references - No MISSING references

  Is there anything else I can check. The app runs fine and no errors are present anywhere...MS Access just returns a msgbox saying "Microsoft Access can't create the mde file." That's it! No help option just OK....Hmmm, well handled by MS I must say...

  Any ideas where I should go to from here?

  Regards
  Vlad