[AccessD] Subform Errors

Doug Murphy doug at murphyscreativity.com
Sat Jun 21 19:54:07 CDT 2003

Susan,

I thought about that, but almost all the action is in the queries now
and everything recalculates each time I change records from the record
selector combo box on the form.  The only thing that is different
between the form working and it not working is that when I works I open
it first in design view and then switch to form view.  If I then select
a record using the on-form combobox it works correctly and all numbers
are calculated and displayed correctly.  I can then select another
record and it too is displayed correctly.

If I open the main form directly in form view, and then select a record
using the combobox I get the error text in the calculated controls. If I
then change the misbehaving form to design view and then back to form
view it works as above.  Something seems to be different about how the
form is originally opened.

I tried the compile all modules, decompile, compact, and recompile
procedure but that didn't make any difference.

Weird.

Doug