[AccessD] Losing order when importing text

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jun 24 19:24:13 CDT 2003

On 24 Jun 2003 at 14:41, Mark Boyd wrote:

> When I import text using Docmd.TransferText, my records import out of
> order.
>
> It is very important that the records import in the exact same order
> that they appear in the file.
>
> Is there a way to control this so the table keeps the text file's exact
> layout?
>
> I am using AccessXP.

Are you creating a new table each time or adding the records to an
existing table?

If you are creating a new table each time, you first need to change
your procedure so that you re-use the same table by deleting all
existing records and  then appending the new records.

Now add an Autonumber field to the table you are importing into.
When you display/extract the text rows, sort by the Autonumber field.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg