[AccessD] Update query syntax

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Wed Jun 25 10:36:59 CDT 2003

I'm starting to get there, but...

After double clicking on IIF, I get:
Then I highlighted «expr» and clicked Mid$ so I now have:
Highlight «stringexpr» and click on tables > Muir63 as the table and attend as the field so I now have:

>From there, I'm lost again. Since I'm deleting all the thread leading to this point, I'll recap. The field I'm selecting FROM is attend, and here is a typical content:
35=2 30b=2 30a=2 25=2
So, for my criteria, I want
if [Muir63]![attend] contains 35=2

Keep in mind that 35=2 could be anywhere in the string, not just at the beginning. But there won't be any spaces like 35 = 2, or anything like that, always the exact phrase of 35=2.

Thanks for helping,

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"