[AccessD] Access Run Time?

Lembit Soobik Lembit.Soobik at t-online.de
Sat Jun 28 02:57:35 CDT 2003

This is my test - sending the answer which did not get through and made me aware
that something was wrong with the list.

Alun,
the runtime is installed with the application, not as separate thing
when you have developed an Access Application, you convert the MDB to an MDE
then you set up an installation package which will install everything you need
to run the mde without an installed full Access software.
to do this, you need to have the Developer edition of Access (or Office)
If youo have this developer ecition, then you may sell/install as many Access
Applications on machines without preinstalled Access or Office as you like..

you can run an MDB or an MDE on any machine that has full Access installed,
however on machines which dont have full Access, you need to build the install
package and install your application.
this will not let you run just any MDB. Just the ones you install withthe
runtime

One thing I am presently not sure about (since it is many many years ago that I
did this) is whether you need to convert to MDE or can use MDB as well with the
runtime installation.

During development you can test how your application behaves with runtime, I
think you use /runtime in the commandline

my experienc on all of this is with Access97 and prior. not using it now.

I am sure there will some other listers correct me where I was wrong or add
about newer versions

Lembit

Lembit Soobik