[AccessD] Invoking one Access app from another

Stephen Bond stephen at bondsoftware.co.nz
Mon Jun 30 22:54:26 CDT 2003

Think I've got it solved (it's still daytime in the Antipodes <g>).  This code attached to a command button does the trick ...

Now I should probably put in some error checking (If Dir$(filename)="" ....)  etc

  Dim strAppName As String, strWorkgroupFilename As String
  Dim CommandLine As String, strDBFullname As String
  Dim strDBDir
  strAppName = SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir) & "MSACCESS.EXE"
  strWorkgroupFilename = SysCmd(acSysCmdGetWorkgroupFile)
  strDBDir = GetDBDir()   ' an internal function which returns the dir of the present FE MDB
  strDBFullname = strDBDir & "FE2prog.MDB"
  CommandLine = SymbolDoubleQuote & _
                strAppName & SymbolDoubleQuote & _
                "  /wrkgrp " & SymbolDoubleQuote & _
                strWorkgroupFilename & SymbolDoubleQuote & _
                "  " & SymbolDoubleQuote & strDBFullname & _
                SymbolDoubleQuote
  If CurrentUser() = "stephen" Then Debug.Print CommandLine
  Call Shell(CommandLine, vbMaximizedFocus)

Cheers

SB