[AccessD] Daterange Withevents demo

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Mar 1 01:52:00 CST 2003

Some of you might remember Julie Schwalm's Date Range tool.  It is an option
group driven set of radio buttons that allow you to select one of 12 date
ranges such as month to date, year to date etc. and the code then fills in
two text boxes with the from date and to date.

I just got through overhauling my reporting form in my Client Billing app.
I used her date range selector, and moved that to a withevents class.  One
of the things that I never particularly liked was the size required to have
an option group.  I have changed the option group to a combo box.
Otherwise, it is identical to the original.

It is on my site under the Withevents demo button.  DateRangeWithEvents.
Open the demo and the date range form opens.  Select a date range and watch
the text boxes change.  This is a classic example of actual useful
Withevents programming.

All you have to do to actually use the code in your projects is copy the
class to your project, cut and paste the three controls to your form and cut
and paste the form's class initialization code.

Enjoy.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting