[AccessD] One form for all

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Mon Mar 17 06:45:00 CST 2003

Form 1: A form that is used for requesting services  - a data entry form.
Form 2: Used by the engineer to edit, update data from the request.
Form 3: Additional data form needed to open for the User & Engineer

The table has a RequestID as the PK
A second table is used to store additional data, with the RequestID as FK.

I need Form 3 to open from either Form 1 or Form 2. How do I set the
RequestID FK to the PK RequestID on Form 3? I placed the FK on Form 3 and
set the default to =Forms!Form1.RequestID. Of course this will not work on
Form 2 because the default value for RequestID references Form 1.

I do not want to create multiple forms to do the same thing - but if that is
the only choice I will. How can I have Form 3 open from Form 1 &/or Form 2
and set the RequestID?

Virginia