[AccessD] Using Access to reconcile store cash

Hale, Jim jim.hale at fleetpride.com
Wed Mar 19 11:31:00 CST 2003

Currently we have 150 stores which  fill out a daily cash reconciliation
form. Although the form is in Excel the stores currently fax the report to a
central location where the cash reconciliation clerk uses the data to
reconcile. Clearly the entire process could benefit from some automation.
While I can visualize some solutions using a combination of Excel and Access
it seems to me that a web form that feeds a database would be ideal. While
the data per form is minimal (15-20 data elements/day) I will probably have
situations where 20-40 stores need to fill out the form at the same time.
Unfortunately I've never done any web work. My questions for the group are:
A. Is the web/database the best solution?
B. If it is what is the simplest way to implement it?
C. Is an Access .mdb the appropriate database i.e. can it handle many
simultaneous users?

TIA for your ideas
Jim Hale