[AccessD] Access XP and references in libraries

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Mar 20 15:21:00 CST 2003

In 97, we had used a library database that had a reference set to the
CDO.DLL library so we could handle email features using Redemption.  If
that DLL was missing on the target machine, the library had a broken
reference but it didn't affect the main project except that the email
capabilities were disabled.  In XP, when you load the app, you get a
message that the CDO.DLL is missing.  I assume the difference in
behavior is because of the change in the VBE IDE in 2000 and later, but
does anyone know what the further implications might be?  We haven't
deployed this app yet, so I'm looking for input.

Charlotte Foust