[AccessD] for each....

Bert-Jan Brinkhuis thevigil at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Mar 25 15:56:54 CST 2003

Hi group.

The strangest thing is happening to me (which i was unable to solve the past
hour ;-( ):
The following code used in one event is working fine and in the other not:

 dim ctl as control

 for eacht ctl in me.detail.controls
     debug.print ctl.name
 next

 When it is working fine it lists all controls in the detailsection... that
is what i want
When it doesn't work fine fine it only lists 1 control?

 Why?

And why it does lists that specific control i do not know? I gave it another
tab index and i replaced it on the form but still it will list the same
control (i am rewriting someone elses database, so i do not know if that
control was created first on that form, but i suspect that is the thing...
does access keep another (hidden) order of controls on a form?)

And while i was trying to solve this i found another strange thing..... (i
will start a different thread for this aswell)
I placed a breakpoint in the code to see how it was executed..... and it
didn't jump to the breakpoint...?? And it does in other databases on the
same PC!

Bert-Jan