[AccessD] OT: Server Needed

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Mon Mar 3 11:35:00 CST 2003

Hey....I didn't say ANYTHING about stuffing them! <grin>

Actually, if you remove the CD-Rom (after the installation)...then there is
plenty of room for 3 SCSI drives...and you don't even need to add more fans
if you don't want to....though it would be wise to add another case fan at
least.

What I love, is the people that want to order a 'server' just shy of a Cray
Super computer, that they want to run a webserver on, through a 128k ISDN
line.  It's like putting a Chevy 350 V8 into a HotWheels matchbox car.
<grin>

Drew

(Rocky, if you are reading this...just an FYI, Gustav is making a good
point, keep the machine cool no matter what.  If they go with a set of SCSI
drives, you can get decent DAT tapes that run on the external SCSI port.  We
got one a year ago, for my work machine, I think it ball parked around 2 or
3 hundred...I could be off on that though.  As far as cooling, I am running
4 IDE Hard drives in my Pentium III 500 mhz machine at home, and for a few
bucks, I was able to put a PCI slot fan, and a 5 and 1/4" hard drive bay fan
into it.  No heat problems at all.)