Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT - Menu bar missing in MS Word

Bryan Carbonnell Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca
Mon Mar 3 11:35:45 CST 2003

John,

Have the tech (or user) remove all the .dot's from Word's startup directory. Add one back at a time and restart Word to see which one is hiding the Menu Bar.

Word's startup folder is generally:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup

Bryan Carbonnell
bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

>>> John.Clark at niagaracounty.com 03-Mar-03 9:42:28 AM >>>
Hello everyone!

I was away from my Email all weekend, but now I am back to work, which
means back to the problems that I was working on Friday. First on my
plate, is this "missing menu bar" problem.

I had a technician, who was nearby the user, try the "/a" parameter,
and this worked. But I thought that this meant that the normal.dot file
needed to be replaced, so we tried deleting it and copying one from
another nearby, and similar, PC, and it did not work.

This user actually sounds to be a little more tech savvy than our
average user, so I am going to have her try the "/r" and see where that
puts us.