[AccessD] OT: Server Needed

John Bartow jbartow at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 12:06:01 CST 2003

Hi Rocky,

Based on Drew's advice you might want to check out the (HP)Compaq W4000 (P4
2.4G, 512DDR, 18GB SCSI, CD/DVD). Its not a server but is SCSI based and has
an open slot and external SCSI port open (for a tape backup, etc.).

I picked one up for less than $900 a couple months ago. Includes (ships
with) the option of Windows 2k or XPpro. I benchmarked it and it is a
screamer (which you obviously don't need - but its hard to get a SCSI system
at this price).

My server is about 3 years old and I have never had a problem with it. Its a
Dell PowerEdge Server (SCSI) and I added extra drive capacity and a 50 GB
OnStream Tape backup system.

HTH
John B

a good place to find the lowest price: