[AccessD] Rates: For-Profit vs. Non-Profit

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Tue Mar 4 14:43:00 CST 2003

Rates: For-Profit vs. Non-ProfitThere are no tax implications. I don't think  you can write off a reduced rate. However, what you can do, is charge your normal rate, then donate the reduction back to the organization. They get the reduced rate, you get the tax deduction. If you're incorporated, I have no idea how it works.

Susan H.

  Folks,

  I know that sometimes people will provide a lower rate to a non-profit organization, particularly if you believe in what they are doing.  I may get some work from a Non-Profit soon, and I was wondering if anyone has a general rule of thumb about how you reduce your normal rate, or how you might charge differently.  Also, are there any tax implications that you know of?

  Thanks,
  Dan Waters
  Quality Process Solutions