[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer]Passing the SQL Setting to a stored procedure

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Wed Mar 5 06:46:00 CST 2003

Hello John,

Why not just pass the SQL raw and not bother with the sp in the first place?

I know that there are pro's and con's to using sp's, but if you are going to
do what you are doing, it seems like it would be just easier to send the raw
SQL.

Of course there are security issues with sending SQL, but leaving that
aside, why not send it raw?

I have not used it, but there is a kind of Execute Command that you can
include in a sp, maybe that could action the parameter that you would pass
in.

Mark