[AccessD] ASP and Access Problem

Jim Hewson JHewson at karta.com
Wed Mar 5 08:13:00 CST 2003

Thanks Drew for responding.
Answers below in Blue.
Jim

--Snip--
Okay, am I to understand that the Access FE is working fine, but the ASP FE
is having problems?  -Correct.

First of all, is anyone going into the BE directly?  That could be an easy
problem to fix.  If the BE is being locked, no one is going to be working.
No one accesses the BE without going through either the Access FE or ASP.

Next, is the BE located on the IIS machine, or it on a network resource?  If
it's on a network resource, that can also be an issue, depending on how the
security of the IIS machine is setup.

It's on a IIS machine as far as I know.  What kind of security does it need
to be?
The users of the ASP log in using their network user ID and password.  There
is no security set up on the Access FE or BE.

thanks again.

Jim