[AccessD] Counting "unknown" fields

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Mar 6 17:56:40 CST 2003

> The problem is that, on one of their reports, they total out the check
> boxes for each section (i.e. 95 Denied HR cases in the Lockport
> office...the report is sectioned by Offices). Now that I have gone with
> the drop-down method, I cannot simply add up the check boxes. And, I
> cannot say count each x, because it can now change, and I don't know
> what "x" is...may not do so very much, but it can.
>
> Somehow I need to count each existing "x". I need to know that there
> are 5 x's, 6 y's, and 8 z's, but the next year I might also have a "q"
> that was added and I'll need to count that.

The datasource of the combobox should be a FK like ProgramID,  the row source
should be  tblPrograms (containing a PK and the descriptive name), with the bound
column being the PK

Then you just need to use a grouping query  GroupBy ProgramID and Count(CaseID)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg