[AccessD] AXP mde fe / be to fe / MSDE

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Mar 7 07:21:00 CST 2003

I don't see the point of this approach. In fact I think it would complicate
your problem rather than simplifying it, since you'd get all the problems
and none of the benefits. Instead I suggest:

A) make a copy of both the FE and BE.
B) import the BE into the copied FE.
C) find all record and row sources that begin with the word SELECT and
change them to saved queries.
D) run the upsizing wizard on this new combined FE-BE. You will end up with
an MSDE database and an ADP FE that directly points to the database rather
than going through ODBC.

Now you can enjoy the benefits: speed, direct access to stored procedures,
UDFs and views.

HTH,
Arthur