[AccessD] OT: "Chevaux de frise" of free world...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Mar 8 01:17:00 CST 2003

THNX for your moral support, William!

You know if I pay the "shadow business" around them then they will have
legal evidence to reject my Visum application now and any time in the
future - and they will be able to control me and to force to follow their
rules in the case I will urgently need to enter Shengen Zone  - and sin
after sin I'll be in  their hands... (I'm not saying that I'm saintly and
that they are "dirty sinners" but I don't want to accept the rules of their
game because I will become a looser as soon as I've accepted them... Yes, I
know there are insuperable forces in this World like  tsunami, tornado,
earthquake,... - is this corrupted bureaucracy of all the states and
continents such an insuperable force?)

I know I can appeal to the "European Court of the Human Rights" but this
promise to be expensive and lengthy procedure and with unknown end-result...
...but all these clerks, small and big bosses of all the levels - they know
that they don't follow the rules they proclaim and assigned to defense...

So the questions are:
1. Does anybody know can I ask for all the names of the clerks in their
chain who first accepted my paperwork and then rejected to give Visum
without any (IMO) reasons?
2. Can I talk to their Consul General in this case?
3. If they will not let me to talk to the Consul.... what then, give up?

Shamil

P.S. My children who study in a Gymnasium of the Global Education who are
taught that this is a free and open world are asking me - what are these
Visum? Why we should apply for them? Why we can't just go and visit our
friends and colleagues in West Europe if our dad earned money working like
crazy and wanted us to show Amsterdam, Brussles, Paris, Hamburg... And they
dreamed to visit Paris Disneylend since our childhood...

P.P.S. There are exceptions from the rules governing the Netherland's
Consulate General in St.Petersburg - e.g. Representative Office of
Switzerland  - they are all friendly and one usually gets a Visum the
second/third day, and all is well organized, they even have electronic Visum
application forms in Internet - and they DON'T have 2m high guard,  which
exists in Consulate General of Netherlands - what secrets this guard patrol?

And Finnish Embassy, when I applied for visum several years ago (I just
wanted to go to Finland to fix the problems with my car + buy some spare
parts for it)  - and here you go - you're welcome! - no need for invitation
and no spoiled bureaucracy around them. And IMO this is Finland, which is
150 km from my home and which should have been the most closed to the
"hostile exUSSR" citizens - but no! - you're welcome and there are everyday
buses and trains shuttling between Finland and Russia and a lot of cars
cross the borders in both directions...

The same easy was the procedure to get a Visum for HALF AN YEAR long staying
in UK several years ago (I didn't use it because I didn't find the time and
money to go there)...