[AccessD] Set Focus On Control When Validation Fails

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sun Mar 9 15:23:00 CST 2003

Rocky - If the focus is already on the control you are trying to set the
focus to, setting the focus in code doesn't work.  Try this:

Replace

    txtStartingRoomNumber.SetFocus

With

     '-- Does txtStartingRoomNumber already have the focus?
     If Screen.ActiveControl.Name <> txtStartingRoomNumber.Name Then
        txtStartingRoomNumber.SetFocus
    End If

Note:  Intellisense may try to change ActiveControl.Name to
ActiveControl.Application - hold your ground and retype
ActiveControl.Name over ActiveControl.Application.  You need to
determine the name of the control that has the focus.

If you are on a subform or your form has a subform and this doesn't work
there is a different solution.

HTH,
Dan Waters