[AccessD] compatability between Windows XP and older versions of office pro ducts.

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 10 15:25:00 CST 2003

You might want to check through back issues of woodyswatch for MS Word
issues, there are some oddities. Many were patched with Office SP1 SP2
and SP3. So it depends on what you install.
http://www.woodyswatch.com

There is the Outlook 2000 email attachment security problem if you use
this to transfer data via attachments. This was switched around in
various Office SP's.

 And WinXP SP1 uses AES encryption rather than the older DESX alogrithm,
opening these files on an older OS that uses DESX might be fatal to the
files. I don't know many people that use this.
see MSKB 329741

Win XP  comes with MDAC 2.7 installed, so you might want to upgrade
Access Jet to SP-6
If you have a reference to ADO in Access to say MDAC 2.5 or 2.1, you may
have reference failures.