[AccessD] Opening Outlook if closed code not working

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Mar 11 12:20:01 CST 2003

Paul,

This is the code I've been using.

What this does NOT do is move the focus back to the Access Window after
Outlook has been opened.  That's why I put in a message box to tell the
user what to do.  You can find the code for FormattedMsgBox on the
Trigeminal web site.

If anyone knows how to re-display the Access window after Outlook has
opened, that sure would be helpful.

HTH,
Dan Waters

__________

	Private Sub OpenOutlook()
	On Error GoTo EH

	    Dim objOutlook As Object
	    Dim stgApplication As String

	    '-- Path to Outlook
	    stgApplication = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office10\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE"

	    '-- check to see if Outlook is open.  If not then error 429
is raised
	    Set objOutlook = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")

	    Exit Sub

	EH:
	    Application.Echo True
	    GlngErrNumber = Err.Number
	    GstgErrDescription = Err.Description
	    Select Case GlngErrNumber
	        Case 429
	            FormattedMsgBox "Outlook will now open.  After it is
open move back to QMS.@ @", vbOKOnly, "Open Outlook"
	            Call Shell(stgApplication, 1)
	        Case Else
	            Call GlobalErrors("", GlngErrNumber,
GstgErrDescription, CurrentObjectName, "OpenOutlook")
	    End Select

	End Sub