[AccessD] OT- Recommendations on Eudora

Darren Dick d.dick at uws.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 19:30:00 CST 2003

Hi Rocky
I totally agree with all the others who comment positively on Eudora.
Our Firm (An Australian University) is moving in the opposite direction.
We will be using Exchange and as a result have all been asked to move
from Eudora to Outlook.
<Rant Mode On>
After using Outlook for the last 2 months I cannot bag it enough. I am
convinced it is
the software incarnation of the Prince of Darkness himself. It is tripe.
Eudora is vastly superior in every way from an email point of view.
<Rant Mode Off>

One of my most used and thus most missed features of Eudora was...
I could assign a sound file when one of my filters was activated.
(Outlook calls them rules. What a PITA they are in Outlook too)
Like the rest of you I get about 80 to 120 emails a day. Everything was
filtered,
I mean everything, and I had different sound files playing when certain
rules cut in.
I miss it so much. All I can do in outlook is activate 1 single sound when
any email arrives. That's it.
It was a great tool to make sure important/urgent emails got the appropriate
attention.

Anyway, Eudora IM not so HO is vastly superior.

I want to go back to Eudora but our IT doods say nope. <sigh>

Darren