[AccessD] Building a search form

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Wed Mar 12 08:14:00 CST 2003

Susan,

You can set up almost any combination when you build the SQL.  I have a
search form that contains up to 13 variables the user can search on.
(Thirteen was all that fitted on the form neatly.)  The user enters
values into any of the fields (and the operator to use, and depending on
the operator whether they needed to enter both a minimum and maximum
value or only a single value) they want to use in the search.  When the
hit the Search button I then go through each field to determine if it is
selected.  If it is I then build the proper SQL expression for it and
add it to the SQL string.  When all fields have been tested and the SQL
string completed, it is then executed.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency