[AccessD] Mdw File Growing in Size, then Corrupted

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 12 11:50:01 CST 2003

Hi Greg:

My first question would be to ask if anyone has changed the access rights to
a specific folder...For example: the directory where the lock-file is
created must allow both read, write and delete rights or the file will not
get created or/and written to when a user logs in and will not be written to
or/and deleted when the user or last user logs out.

Maybe put the FE and lock-files on the user stations.

The security mdw file may be totally corrupted and will required recreation.

It might be time to create a new FE and BE databases... (Create a blank DB
and copy all the objects from the old to new DB.) I have found that I/O
errors, like abruptly losing connection to the BE data is the fastest way to
corrupt a MDB database.

HTH
Jim