[AccessD] How do I tell if a form is opened as a subform or not?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 12 13:17:00 CST 2003

Hi Drew

I don't like at all coding where you rely on error generation. It may
very well be quick and dirty code and some like that, but I try to
use it as the last resort only.

Previously I have posted this small function for the same purpose - it
could have been for the benefit of Arthur "the static lover" as you'll
see. It is not much larger than your code:

<code>

Private Function IsSubform() As Boolean

  Static booSubform     As Boolean
  Static lngFormsCount  As Long

  If lngFormsCount = 0 Then
    lngFormsCount = Forms.Count
    booSubform = StrComp(Forms(lngFormsCount - 1).Name, Me.Name, vbTextCompare)
  End If

  IsSubform = booSubform

End Function

</code>