[AccessD] Slightly OT: Installation protocol

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 18 07:09:00 CST 2003

...yes and no ...newer versions are supposed to be backwards compatible ...and in the last couple of years, MS has been pretty good about this ime ...but dll hell comes a callin' when third parties screw with MS originals ...AOL6 was infamous for this ...they changed half a dozen MS key system dll's without warning and the result was often chaos :(

...W98SE comes with a utility that does a binary compare of system files and restores any that have been changed ...WXP now has Restore built in to get you back to where you were :(

William Hindman
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." John F. Kennedy, 1961