[AccessD] OT: MSDE on Window XP (solved)

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 18 17:39:00 CST 2003

 I have MSDE SQL 2000 on Win XP

With versions of SQL Server prior to 2000 (including MSDE) you can only
have a single instance installed. You could however, upgrade from MSDE
to Server or Enterprise or some other edition.
MSDE is in all repsects SQL Server.  You could down load  MSDE 2000 and
install that
to different directory and say no to upgrade. I don't know what this
will do to your old SQL Tools
though.
MSDE 2000  70Meg download
http://www.asp.net/msde/default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1