[AccessD] Does table exist?

StaRKeY StaRKeY at Wanadoo.nl
Thu Mar 20 06:52:00 CST 2003

Just out of curiousity Tom, why are you so persistent in using the
msysobjects while we are being offered a pretty easy down to earth Access
objectmodel? (I'm sorry if I came on too strong about the sample)

Eric Starkenburg
  -----Original Message-----
  From: accessd-admin at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-admin at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of t tom
  Sent: donderdag 20 maart 2003 01:46
  To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
  Subject: Re: [AccessD] Does table exist?

  OK , Lets try again ( making code a little less squeaky , now only checks
for tables )

  Public Function CheckTableExist(strTableName As String) As Boolean
  Dim strCriteria As String

  strCriteria = "name = '" & strTableName & "'" & " and type=1"
  If Nz(DCount("[ID]", "MSysObjects", strCriteria), 0) > 0 Then
      CheckTableExist = True
  Else
      CheckTableExist = False
  End If