[AccessD] Excel Automation - Pivot Table and Chart

Hale, Jim jim.hale at fleetpride.com
Thu Mar 20 16:26:00 CST 2003

I will send you an example off line.
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: Lavsa, Rich [mailto:Rich_Lavsa at pghcorning.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 3:42 PM
To: Access Listserv (E-mail); AccessD at databaseadvisors. com (E-mail)
Subject: [AccessD] Excel Automation - Pivot Table and Chart

Hello all,

Cross posted to AccessD and Access-L..

I am beginning to get very aggravated with Access Charts!!
I found an article on automation on how to create a chart from a table or
query in Microsoft Knowledgebase Article #184273.  Very COOL stuff.
I have practically no knowledge of the Excel object model nor do I have any
books or references to it other then the Excel help files.

Does anyone have any code examples or know a good reference on the web to
find other examples of generating a pivot table in excel through VBA in
access, as well as generating graphs through VBA, or even the ultimate which
is what I am trying to do is to generate a pivot table, then generate the
graph from the generated pivot table in excel.

I learn from examples quicker then reading a book..

Thanks in advance,
Rich